If you’re selling a condo or loft in DTLA’s Historic Core, there are a few things you need to know before you put it on the market. Here are the three big ones.
3 Things You Need to Know Before You Sell a Condo or Loft in the Historic Core
Your DTLA Realtor® will be there to guide you every step of the way, but before you list your home, here’s what you need to know:
- Gather your paperwork early
- When you list matters
- You need to stage and style before you have photos taken
Gather Your Paperwork Early
Although your agent will walk you through every step of the home-selling process, before you even call an agent, you should gather:
- Warranty information on appliances
- Instruction manuals for fixtures that stay with the home
- Dates of home improvement projects, plus receipts and other pertinent info
- Permits that apply to the home
When You List Matters
Talk to your real estate agent about the best time to list your home. Every market is different, even if it’s just one or two neighborhoods over – and it can make an impact on the outcome of your sale.
Stage and Style
Your real estate agent will walk you through the basics of staging a home, but first things first: The whole place needs to be cleaned and decluttered. If you can, rent a storage unit to put away excess furniture and pack up things you haven’t used in 6 months or more.
Are You Selling Your Loft and Buying a New One?
If you’re thinking about buying a condo or loft in DTLA, call us at 213-254-7626 or contact us online.
While you’re here, check out our:
- Bunker Hill homes for sale
- City West homes for sale
- Homes for sale in LA’s Fashion District
- Homes for sale in Little Tokyo
- Homes for sale in the Los Angeles Financial District
- LA Arts District homes for sale
- LA’s Historic Core homes for sale
- South Park – Downtown homes for sale