When you’re selling a condo or loft in Downtown LA, you know you need to stage it – that’s the best way to make it as appealing as possible to prospective buyers.
Here are three things you can do to stage your condo on a budget.
How to Stage Your Condo or Loft on a Budget
The best thing you can do to make your condo or loft more appealing is to declutter it. That means taking out everything you haven’t used in the past 6 months and putting it in storage, as well as removing furniture and rearranging the remaining furniture to create a walkable, roomy layout.
Check out these other tips for staging on a budget:
- Invest in a slipcover for your sofa. Rather than buying an all-new sofa, which you can do at your new home if you’re so inclined, snag a slipcover from a department store or order one online. The new look will instantly freshen up your living room.
- Buy a “bed in a bag” ensemble. Get a matching set that includes pillow cases, shams and a comforter from a department store to do the same thing for your bedroom that you did by using a slipcover in your living room.
- Pick up new hardware for kitchen and bathroom drawers and cabinets. Kitchen and bathroom hardware is relatively inexpensive, and you can install it all yourself – and it can be the perfect upgrade when you’re on a budget.
- Install new faucets, but only if you’re comfortable working with plumbing. Otherwise, you may need to hire a professional.
- Take down outdated decor. Curtains, paintings with gold frames (we’re specifically looking at that clown painting you got from your grandma), silk floral arrangements and other outdated decor need to go before you list your home.
Are You Buying a Loft or Condo for Sale in DTLA?
Call us at 213-254-7626 or get in touch with us online to start exploring your options when you want to buy a loft or condo in downtown Los Angeles.
While you’re here, check out our:
- DTLA Arts District lofts for sale
- Historic Core lofts for sale
- DTLA Little Tokyo lofts for sale
- Bunker Hill lofts for sale
- City West lofts for sale
- South Park lofts for sale
- Fashion District lofts for sale
- Financial District lofts for sale