The LA County Fair, which is scheduled for August 30 through September 22, is out in Pomona – about 32 miles east of DTLA. If you’re headed out that way, here’s what you need to know.
The LA County Fair: What You Need to Know
The lineup for concerts and entertainment is amazing. You’ll see musical artists and entertainers such as The O’Jays, Pitbull, George Lopez, MC Hammer and Chicago – and there’s so much more happening day-to-day.
The attractions at the LA County Fair draw millions of attendees over the course of three weeks, and this year, there are several planned. Check out:
- America’s Great Outdoors, where you’ll meet Smokey the Bear and get to know California like you’ve never seen it before
- Rail Giants, where you can see some of the world’s most distinctive historical trains
- Wine, Beer & Spirits Marketplace, where you can sample winners of Los Angeles International Competitions
- Pops of Color, where you’ll discover amazing flower arrangements and even see some of the most iconic pieces from the annual Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade
- The Imagination Factory, where kids can dress up like pirates, explore life-sized dollhouses and build with LEGOs
- Auto Alley, where all the classic cars line up for viewing each night during the fair
- Toytopia, where you can see your old favorite toys (and those that your parents played with, too) in fabulous displays that show how pop culture has influenced play throughout the years
- Kiddie Carnival, which is packed with great kid rides for those who are too little for the “big kid” rides
- The Big Red Barn and the Little Red Barn, where you’ll find animals large and small
The LA Fair is known for its fabulous competitions. This year, there are culinary, DIY house-repair and marching band competitions, as well as the anticipated America’s Kids reading competitions.
Are You Buying a Condo or Loft for Sale in DTLA?
Call us at 213-254-7626 or get in touch with us online to start exploring your options when you want to buy a loft or condo in downtown Los Angeles.
While you’re here, check out our: