When you buy a new condo or loft in DTLA, you might be thinking about buying a new security system – and if you do, here’s what to know first.
What to Know Before You Buy a Security System
Getting a security system in your new condo or loft is a smart idea, but here’s what you need to know first:
- Know how much you’re willing to pay. Everybody’s got a budget, so have yours in mind when you call a security company – it’ll save you time.
- Know what you want ahead of time. What do you want to happen when an alarm goes off? Do you want to be able to monitor your condo or loft remotely? You won’t have to waste money on features you don’t need if you know what you want ahead of time.
- It’s always okay to ask questions. If you’re not sure how something works, or what a feature does, ask the company you call – they’ll be happy to explain it.
- You’ll have to be there when it’s installed. You can ask the technician questions and have him or her explain the whole system to you that way.
- You’re going to have to have a landline or an internet connection for your alarm to work. That’s the only way your security system can connect to the outside world.
- Pick up the house before your technician comes. This one should be self-explanatory.
- Plan to spend a whole day waiting on installation. It can take up to 8 hours for technicians to install a complete security system, so carve enough time out of your schedule for the process.
Are You Buying a Loft or Condo for Sale in DTLA?
Call us at 213-254-7626 or get in touch with us online to start exploring your options when you want to buy a loft or condo in downtown Los Angeles.
While you’re here, check out our: