If you’re buying a condo for sale in DTLA, you’ll have to be part of a condo owners’ association – and condo owners’ associations have rules, called CC&Rs, that you have to follow.
What Are CC&Rs?
CC&Rs, short for covenants, conditions, and restrictions, are rules that you have to abide by when you live in a condo building. Every association has its own CC&Rs, but generally, they’re in place to protect home values and govern residents’ conduct while they’re in the building.
Common rules and restrictions condo owners’ associations put in place often involve:
- The types and sizes of pets you’re allowed to have
- The types of décor, if any, you can use on your front door
- Where you can park, and what types of vehicles belong where
- Whether you can rent out your unit
- Quiet hours, if there are any
You’ll have to talk to your Realtor® about a building’s CC&Rs when you find a condo you’re interested in buying. You should read them thoroughly before you make an offer on the home – the last thing you want is to buy a condo that’s part of an association whose rules you can’t live with.
Are You Buying a Loft or Condo in DTLA?
Call us at 213-254-7626 or get in touch with us online to start exploring your options when you want to buy a loft or condo in downtown Los Angeles.
While you’re here, check out our:
- DTLA Arts District lofts for sale
- Historic Core lofts for sale
- DTLA Little Tokyo lofts for sale
- Bunker Hill lofts for sale
- City West lofts for sale
- South Park lofts for sale
- Fashion District lofts for sale
- Financial District lofts for sale