When you’re buying a loft or condo for sale in DTLA, it’s essential that you visit the building at various times of day. That’s not so you can keep seeing the unit you want to buy – it’s so that you can see what happens around the area and in the building when you’re likely to be there (and when you’re not).
When Should You Visit a Condo Building Before You Buy?
Try visiting the condo or loft building at multiple times of day on weekdays and on weekends. Here’s what you’re looking for.
You need to visit the building early in the morning, when everybody’s up-and-at-’em. You want to check for:
- Traffic on the street in front of the building (you might even want to drive from the building to work to see how long it’ll take you)
- Noise inside the building
When you visit at midday – any time between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. – you should check for things like:
- Noise from construction
- The parking situation, to see how many people are around during the day
Swing by between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. to find out whether:
- There’s a lot of traffic from kids coming to and from school (and whether you’d be comfortable sending your own kids off to school with the level of street traffic there is)
- Kids are out playing in the pool or in common areas
Stop by the condo building after 5, but before 7:30 to see:
- What the traffic looks like as people come home from work
- Whether there’s a lot of noise in the building
- Whether the streets are packed with shoppers and people seeking entertainment
It’s inconvenient to drive buy your prospective condo building after 9 p.m., but it’s worth it – that way you can see:
- Whether a lot of people have their lights on
- If there’s a lot of noise coming from the building, which could indicate it’s a very social place
Are You Buying a Loft or Condo for Sale in DTLA?
Call us at 213-254-7626 or get in touch with us online to start exploring your options when you want to buy a loft or condo in downtown Los Angeles.
While you’re here, check out our: